Facilities and Maintenance Co-ordinator
We are currently recruiting for a Facilities and Maintenance Co-ordinator to join Waterfront Hall, Ulster Hall and ICC Ltd team, you are to ensure that all buildings are fit for the delivery of events as planned and that customers’ experience of an event is exceeded through the provision of surroundings presented to the highest standard.
A full job description can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
- Role: Facilities and Maintenance Co-ordinator (Electrician)
- Department: Operations
- Reports to: Facilities Manager
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours of work: Your hours of work are on average 37 per week over a 4 week period. The Company reserves the right to amend working hours or change rosters at any time to meet business/client requirements and will give at least 72 hours’ notice. The rota will include a mixture of days, evenings and weekend working five days over seven.
To be responsible to the Head of Event Operations of BWUH for:
- To report directly to the Facilities Manager on all elements relating to daily activities at BWUH managed facilities.
- To deputise for the Facilities Manager in relation to building energy management system, Trend, to achieve comfort levels for all customers in line with company energy efficiency management.
- To advise on requirements for and to oversee the work of contractors supplying or using temporary power for events and conferences. Where appropriate, to carry out installations of this nature; this includes oversight and approval of method statements and Health and Safety requirements. To ensure working procedures are current and up to date with current Legislations i.e. BS 7671, and BS 7909 - Temporary Electrical Installation in venues, where appropriate.
- To liaise with Head of Technical Production (or Production Planners) regarding electrical and facilities management matters for events and associated equipment and source of supplies. To attend meetings as and when required for event planning or production meetings etc.
- To carry out inspection, testing and certification of temporary power installations where appropriate.
- To carry out routine statutory compliance checks including, for example, fire alarm, emergency lighting, PAT testing etc.
- To assist the Facilities Manager in the management of Health & Safety for the buildings, and to carry out regular Health & Safety inspections.
- To be responsible for plant rooms within both buildings, the service yard at Belfast Waterfront and external areas at Ulster Hall, ensuring good housekeeping and safe storage is adhered to at all times.
- To deputise the scheduling and work load of the casual maintenance team.
- To carry out electronic repairs on electrical equipment as and when required if applicable.
- To carry out physical inspections, to evaluate and escalate appropriately any defects found, to complete and maintain a repair diary and to report any or all electrical, mechanical or building fabric defects to the Facilities Manager immediately.
- To replace as directed, interior and exterior electric bulbs, tubes, starters and diffusers and maintain them in a clean condition, when appropriate
- To liaise with, and assist as directed the operations team in the day to day delivery of a broad range of events, all maintenance including floor power services for events.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
- To engage with Facilities and Technical Managers in budgetary requirements and stock control.
- To engage with Facilities and Technical Managers and BWUH in any training requirements deemed necessary to fulfil the role.
- Assets management
How to apply
To apply for this post, please download and complete an application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or by post to; HR Team, Ulster Hall, 34 Bedford Street, Belfast BT2 7FF.
Closing date for applications is 05 JUN 2019 at 12.00pm.
(word 66.271 kB)
(word 46.139 kB)
(word 40.611 kB)