Head of Conference Sales
We are seeking to recruit a Head of Conference Sales to lead the ICC Belfast Sales Team.
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Director, the Head of Conference Sales will play a key role in leading the effective delivery of an integrated sales strategy driving sales growth and all revenue streams across association and corporate conferencing. You will take a lead role in building a pipeline and driving sales within the corporate market. You will also maximise multi-disciplinary commercial opportunities within ICC Belfast in line with the overall strategic objectives of the organisation across all areas of the conferencing business.
What you need to know
- Role: Head of Conference Sales
- Department: Sales & Marketing
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary: Circa £40,000 plus NILGOSC defined benefit career average pension and excellent benefits
- Bonus: Structure based on meeting agreed KPIs
- Closing date: Thursday 20 December 2018, 12pm
- How to apply? Send a CV, covering letter and monitoring form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of responsibilities & personal duties:
Business Development & Sales
- Identify and develop commercial opportunities across all areas of the conferencing business, maximising margin through multiple revenue streams including room hire and additional services, such as technical services and catering.
- Drive commercial relationships with new and existing corporate accounts, maximising sales revenue in line with financial targets and overall strategic objectives.
- Develop key commercial partnerships with agencies and other influential stakeholders in local, national and international markets, developing a healthy pipeline of sales opportunities.
- Build commercially rewarding relationships with ICC Belfast appointed caterers, developing opportunities to maximise catering revenue.
- Ensure that customer expectation and experience of ICC Belfast is exceeded through the right balance between value for money and the provision of excellent customer service.
- Represent ICC Belfast at trade shows and events to market and sell the company’s products and services.
- Effectively manage the Conference Sales team, providing coaching, mentoring and positive leadership to both the association and corporate teams to ensure that sales and revenue targets are met and exceeded.
- Responsible for ensuring the sales team input all sales related data into CRM system (VEMS Ungerboeck) and sales team are fully utilising the CRM system to manage customer relationships and manage the sales pipeline.
- Provide effective leadership across multi-disciplinary teams including technical, operational, finance and marketing to ensure alignment with sales strategy, ensuring delegated activities are consistently carried out in line with margin and revenue targets.
- Assist in the development, implementation and administration of all sales policies, processes and procedures.
- Provide the sales and marketing director with accurate and up to date sales, pipeline, activity metrics and other relevant management information.
- Contribute to the strategic and overall development of ICC Belfast through participation and collaboration with the Senior Management Team.
- To participate in all appropriate and relevant induction and in-service training and in the induction and support of all newly appointed staff.
- To act in accordance with BWUH policies and procedures including customer care, equal opportunities and health and safety procedures.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of BWUH.
- To undertake such other relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
- 3rd level qualification in a relevant subject, such as Sales and Marketing, Business Development, Event Management, Business Management, or an equivalent qualification in a related field.
- A proven track record of delivering sales objectives and targets in a solution-driven sales environment with experience of managing P&L and driving margin across multiple revenue streams.
- Applicants must have experience of effectively managing activity across multi-disciplinary teams and building commercially focused internal and external partnerships.
- Applicants must have experience in effectively managing performance and activity of a sales team, and a proven track record of setting and driving sales targets as well as sales pipeline management.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite and experience of preparing and producing professional management reports and presentations.
- Experience of managing CRM and sales systems.
- Currently hold the right to travel without restriction as well as a full UK driver’s license.
- Applicants must be available and willing to travel on a regular basis.
Apply for this position
Head of Conference Sales Job Description
(pdf 309.583 KiB)
(word 39.659 KiB)